Northern Lights School 2020/21
- The Kindergarten program is 5 days a week from 9:00 – 3:00. The program is a mixed group of JK/SK children. Program options are 2, 3, 4 or 5 days, full day or half-day. The half-day program is from 8:30 – 1:00. Supervised outside arrival between 8:30 – 9:00. There is a Fridays for Nature Adventure Program for JK/SK which is a one day program.
- Grade One/Two/Three is a 4 day program from Monday to Thursday from 9:00 to 3:00 with the Main Lesson in the mornings. Supervised outside arrival between 8:30 – 9:00.
- Fridays for Nature Adventure Program is from 9:00 – 3:00 with supervised outside arrival between 8:30 – 9:00. There are two groups – JK/SK group and a 6+ group.
- After School Care is 5 days a week from 2:30 – 6:00.
- The school year is from September 1 – June 11. There is a 2 week Christmas Break and a 2 week March Break. There is a 2 day autumn mid-term break and 2 days for Parent Teacher meetings in which classes are not in session.
- See After School Care Handbook for Care Days & Holiday schedule.
Procedure for Application
- Parents submit the application form with a copy of the child’s birth certificate and a recent photo of the child. Applications are submitted on-line or to Northern Lights School, 250 Dog Lake Rd., Thunder Bay, Ont.,P7G 2G2. A non-refundable fee of $100 is required with the application. E-transfers to [email protected]. Cheques are to be made out to ‘Northern Lights School’.
- Once the application has been received a parent-teacher interview will be held within 3 weeks of receiving the application. The interview is to be held without the child present. Interviews are not required with re-enrolment, except by the request of a teacher.
- A confirmed acceptance of the child will be made and the parents notified within 3 days, unless further information is needed for acceptance. A time will be set-up for a visit to the child’s home.
- Upon acceptance the parents are required to submit 10% of the tuition and a signed Enrolment Contract. In signing the contract, the parents are making a legal commitment for the school year.
Note: for the Parent and Child Program, click here.
Note: for the After School Care Enrolment, click here.