PD Nature Program
Northern Lights School Nature program connects children to nature, themselves and to the group through play and adventure.
Give your child the gift of being in nature; exploring the streams, fields and forested areas on our 13 acre Tapiola campus. The children gain comfort in being outside no matter the weather. The program is children ages 5+. There will be 2 teachers that oversee the whole group at times and other times when the younger and the older children will be in separate groups.
The program is offered on PD Days. The adventures are group created and adult supervised. The experience of nature and oneself is further developed through the arts, crafts and stories.
Nature programs help children:
- Experience a deeper relationship to nature and its wisdom
- Build confidence in their own strengths, resilience and capacities
- Develop physical and mental well-being
- Learn to problem solve and be exposed to manageable risk
The children bring a lunch and a snack. Extra clothing is needed. They need to be dressed or bring clothing for the season: rainboots and rain/mud pants, sunhat, hat, waterproof mitts for fall and spring; snowpants, warm hats and mitts for winter. The children need breathable warm base layers to maintain core warmth. www.warmthandweather.ca in Thunder Bay, which is affiliated to the school and offers a portion of each sale to the school, sells base layers and clothing for warmth. See our Shop and Support banner on our homepage.
- Program Location: Tapiola Nature and Ski, 140 Pento Road, Thunder Bay
- There is a tent onsite when needed and washroom facilities are inside the building.
- Fee: $50 per day. $15 for After Care. E-transfer fee to [email protected]
- Register on-line with our registration form noting the PD Day.
- We will send you confirmation of registration.
|9:30||Indoor or Outdoor Activity|
|1:30||Story and Indoor Activity|
|3:15||Pickup and After Care|
|4:15||End of Day|