Northern Lights School 2021-22
- The Kindergarten program is 3 days a week from 9:00 – 3:00. The program is a mixed group of JK/SK children. Program options are 2 or 3 days, full day. Supervised outside arrival between 8:45 – 9:00.
- Grades One/Two, Three/Four, Five/Six is a 4 day program split into 2 parts. Click here for more information.
- Fridays for Nature Adventure Program is from 9:00 – 3:00 with supervised outside arrival between 8:45 – 9:00. This program is for children 5 and older.
- The school year is from September 7 – June 10. There is a 2 week Christmas Break and a 2 week March Break. There is a 2 day autumn mid-term break and 2 days for Parent Teacher meetings in which classes are not in session.
Procedure for Application
- Parents submit the application form with a copy of the child’s birth certificate and a recent photo of the child. Applications are submitted on-line or to Northern Lights School, 250 Dog Lake Rd., Thunder Bay, Ont.,P7G 2G2. A non-refundable fee of $100 is required with the application. E-transfers to [email protected]. Cheques are to be made out to ‘Northern Lights School’.
- Once the application has been received a parent-teacher meeting will be held within 3 weeks of receiving the application. The meeting is to be held without the child present. These are not required with re-enrolment, except by the request of a teacher.
- A confirmed acceptance of the child will be made and the parents notified within 3 days, unless further information is needed for acceptance. A time will be set-up for a visit to the child’s home.
- Upon acceptance the parents are required to submit 10% of the tuition and a signed Enrolment Contract. In signing the contract, the parents are making a legal commitment for the school year.
Note: for the Parent and Child Program, click here.