Northern Lights School 2023-24
- Kindergarten is 4 days a week from 9:00 – 3:15. The program is a mixed group of JK/SK children. Program options are 2, 3, 4 or 5 days, full day or half days. Supervised outside arrival between 8:45 – 9:00.
- Grades One, Two/Three, Four/Five is a 4 day program.
- Friday Nature Program is from 9:00 – 3:00 with supervised outside arrival between 8:45 – 9:00. This program is for kindergarten to Grade 5/6. The program is carried by 2 teachers that divide the children at certain points of the day for different activities.
- The 2023/24 school year is from September 5 – June 14. There is a 2 week Christmas Break and a 2 week March Break. There is a 2 day autumn mid-term break and 2 days for Parent Teacher meetings in which classes are not in session.
- The program is at Redwood Park Church on Monday to Thursday. The Parent & Child, Co-op Nature Preschool, Wednesday Kindegarten and Friday Nature program are at Tapiola Nature site.
Procedure for Application
- Parents submit the application form with a copy of the child’s birth certificate and a recent photo of the child. Applications are submitted on-line or to Northern Lights School, 250 Dog Lake Rd., Thunder Bay, Ont.,P7G 2G2. A non-refundable fee of $100 is required with the application. E-transfers to [email protected]. Cheques are to be made out to ‘Northern Lights School’.
- Once the application has been received a parent-teacher meeting will be held within 3 weeks of receiving the application. The meeting is to be held without the child present. Kindergarten applications require a home visit by the teacher with the child present. These are not required with re-enrolment, except by the request of a teacher.
- A confirmed acceptance of the child will be made and the parents notified within 3 days, unless further information is needed for acceptance. A time will be set-up for a visit to the child’s home.
- Upon acceptance 10% of the tuition is required and a signed Enrolment Contract. In signing the contract, the parents are making a commitment for the school year.