Friday Nature Adventure Program
Northern Lights School Nature Adventure program is a one day a week program that connects children to nature, themselves and to the group through play and adventure.
Give your child the gift of being in nature and exploring the streams, fields and forested areas on our 13 acre campus. The children gain comfort in being outside no matter the weather and learn the ups and downs of being in a group.
The program follows the rhythm of the seasons. The adventures evolve weekly, are group created and adult supervised. The experience of nature and oneself is further developed through the arts, crafts and stories.
Nature programs help children:
- Experience a deeper relationship to nature and its wisdom
- Build confidence in their own strengths, resilience and capacities
- Develop physical and mental well-being
- Learn to problem solve and be exposed to manageable risk
There will be two groups. One will be the JK/SK group. The other group is for ages 6+.
The children bring a lunch and a snack. Extra clothing is needed. They need to be dressed or bring clothing for the season: rainboots and rain/mud pants, sunhat, hat, waterproof mitts for fall and spring; snowpants, warm hats and mitts for winter. The children need to be dressed in breathable warm base layers as they maintain core warmth. www.warmthandweather.ca in Thunder Bay, which is affliliated to the school and offers a portion of each sale to the school, sells base layers and clothing for warmth. See our Shop and Support banner on our homepage.
- Program Location: 140 Pento Drive
- Fee: $1800 per year paid in 10 monthly instalments at the 1st of every month
- Register on-line with our general registration form.
- $100 application fee is required with the application and will be credited to the tuition.
|8:30||Arrivals until 9:00|
|9:30||Indoor or Outdoor Activity|
|1:30||Story and Indoor Activity|
|2:30||Clean up and Closing|
|3:00||End of Day|