Friday Nature Adventure Program
Northern Lights School Nature Adventure program connects children to nature, themselves and to the group through play and adventure.
Give your child the gift of being in nature; exploring the streams, fields and forested areas on our 13 acre Tapiola campus. The children gain comfort in being outside no matter the weather and learn the ups and downs of being in a group. The program is children ages 5+.
The program is offered on Fridays. The program follows the rhythm of the seasons. The adventures evolve weekly, are group created and adult supervised. The experience of nature and oneself is further developed through the arts, crafts and stories.
Nature programs help children:
- Experience a deeper relationship to nature and its wisdom
- Build confidence in their own strengths, resilience and capacities
- Develop physical and mental well-being
- Learn to problem solve and be exposed to manageable risk
The children bring a lunch and a snack. Extra clothing is needed. They need to be dressed or bring clothing for the season: rainboots and rain/mud pants, sunhat, hat, waterproof mitts for fall and spring; snowpants, warm hats and mitts for winter. The children need breathable warm base layers to maintain core warmth. www.warmthandweather.ca in Thunder Bay, which is affliliated to the school and offers a portion of each sale to the school, sells base layers and clothing for warmth. See our Shop and Support banner on our homepage.
- Program Location: 140 Pento Drive. Snack, lunch, washroom and indoor activities will use the next door North McIntyre Rec. Centre
- Fee: $200 per month for 10 months. Paid monthly at the 1st of every month by e-transfer.
- Register on-line with our general registration form.
- $100 application fee is required with the application and will be credited to the tuition.
|8:45||Arrivals until 9:00|
|9:30||Indoor or Outdoor Activity|
|1:30||Story and Indoor Activity|
|3:00||End of Day|