Application for After School Care Enrolment
Ontario Regulation 137/15
72(1) Every licensee shall ensure that up-to-date records that are available for inspection by an inspector or program adviser at all times are kept of the following matters in respect of each child receiving child care at a child care centre operated by the licensee or receiving child care at a premises where it oversees the provision of home child care:
1. An application for enrolment signed by a parent of the child.
2. The name, date of birth and home address of the child.
3. The names, home addresses and telephone numbers of the parents of the child.
4. The address and telephone number at which a parent of the child or other person can be reached in case of an emergency during the hours when the child receives child care.
5. The names of persons to whom the child may be released.
6. The date of admission of the child.
7. The date of discharge of the child.
8. The child’s previous history of communicable diseases, conditions requiring medical attention and, in the case of a child who is not in attendance at a school or private school within the meaning of the Education Act, immunization or any statement or required form completed by a parent or legally qualified medical practitioner as to why the child should not be immunized.
9. Any symptoms indicative of ill health.
9.1 A copy of any individualized plan.
10. Written instructions signed by a parent of the child for any medical treatment or drug or medication that is to be administered during the hours the child receives child care.
11. Written instructions signed by a parent of the child concerning any special requirements in respect of diet, rest or physical activity.
12. A copy of any written recommendation referred to in subsection 33.1 (1) from a child’s physician regarding the placement of a child for sleep.
(2) The records listed in subsection (1) shall be kept, as the case may be,
(a) on the premises of the child care centre at which the child receives child care; or
(b) omitted – refers to home child care
(3) See Manual Section 10.3.
(5) Every licensee shall ensure that the records required to be maintained under this section with
respect to a child are kept for at least three years from the date the child is discharged at the child care centre or home child care agency.
Disclaimer: This document is a sample template that has been prepared to assist licensees in understanding their obligations under the CCEYA and O. Reg. 137/15. It is the responsibility of the licensee to ensure that the information included in this document is appropriately modified to reflect the individual circumstances and needs of each home child care agency it operates and each premises where the licensee oversees the provision of home child care.
Please be advised that this document does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on as such. The information provided in this document does not impact the Ministry’s authority to enforce the CCEYA and its regulations. Ministry staff will continue to enforce such legislation based on the facts as they may find them at the time of any inspection or investigation.
It is the responsibility of the licensee to ensure compliance with all applicable legislation. If the licensee requires assistance with respect to the interpretation of the legislation and its application, the licensee may wish to consult legal counsel.