Welcome to Northern Lights School
Re-Imagining Education in Thunder Bay
EDUCATION FROM THE INSIDE OUT
Northern Lights School is developmentally appropriate, holistic, creative and relevant. We have chosen a Waldorf-inspired curriculum to support students unfold their potential by educating the whole child – head, heart and hands.
Through a connection to nature and learning through storytelling and the arts the children are supported in being happy, whole and healthy.
We grow one grade per year. In 2023/24 we will offer Grade Six and grow each year to Grade Eight.
- Accepting Applications for 2023/24
- Visition time is welcome at the school on Wednesday mornings
- Tapiola open house, September 15 from 4:00-6:00 and September 16th from 10:00-12:00
Community Supported Education
- Parent & Child Program – Tapiola Nature Site
- Co-op Preschool Mornings – Tapiola Nature Site – Mondays & Tuesdays
- Kindergarten – JK – Half & Full Day, Part or Full Time
- Nature Kindergarten – JK & SK – Tapiola Nature Site – Wednesdays
- SK/Grade One
- Grade Two/Three
- Grade Four/Five/Six
- Friday Nature Program – Tapiola Nature Site
“Our highest endeavour must be to develop free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives.”
Northern Lights School mission is to re-imagine education in Thunder Bay. We offer Community Supported Education – educating your child with an active partnership between teachers and parents.
The Waldorf curriculum stands behind our teachers as they meet each child as an individual. Waldorf educates the whole child – body, soul and spirit and draws inspiration from nature, the arts, cultural wisdoms and the academic fields.
Click here for more information about the program days, hours and the application process.
- October 9
- October 31
- November 1
- November 2
- November 11
- November 20
- November 23
- November 25
- November 27
- December 4
- December 5
- December 11
- December 18
- December 21
- December 22
- January 8, 2024
- January 18, 2024
- January 23, 2024
- February 19, 2024
- February 22, 2024