Welcome to Northern Lights School
Re-Imagining Education in Thunder Bay
Northern Lights School is developmentally appropriate, holistic, creative and relevant. We have chosen a Waldorf-inspired curriculum to support students unfold their potential by educating the whole child – head, heart and hands.
Through a connection to nature and learning through storytelling and the arts the children are supported in being happy, whole and healthy.
- Open House – May 11 – 4:00-6:00 – See the school, meet the teachers and ask your questions. Redwood Park location.
- Update – Parent & Child Drop-In – Tapiola Nature Site – Spring Term – March 23 – May 25
- Offering PD Nature Program at Tapiola Nature Site
- Continuing to Accept Registration 2022/23 for Full & Part time JK/SK, Grades 1- 5. Friday Nature Program
- Accepting Registrations for 2023/24
- New location – Redwood Park Centre, next to Chapples Park, Thunder Bay
Community Supported Education
- Preschool – Home Childcare Locations – Half & Full Day, Full and Part Time
- Co-op Preschool Mornings – Tapiola Nature – Mondays & Tuesdays
- Kindergarten – JK & SK – Half & Full Day, Part or Full Time
- Nature Kindergarten – JK & SK – Tapiola – Wednesdays
- Grade One
- Grade Two/Three
- Grade Four/Five/Six
- Friday Nature Program – Tapiola
- PD Days Program – Tapiola
“Our highest endeavour must be to develop free human beings who are able of themselves to impart purpose and direction to their lives.”
Northern Lights School mission is to re-imagine education in Thunder Bay. We offer Community Supported Education – educating your child with an active partnership between teachers and parents.
The Waldorf curriculum stands behind our teachers as they meet each child as an individual. Waldorf educates the whole child – body, soul and spirit and draws inspiration from nature, the arts, cultural wisdoms and the academic fields.
Click here for more information about the program days, hours and the application process.